Wednesday, May 09, 2012
T minus 15 weeks and counting
We just received our flight itinerary this morning. It's starting to feel more and more real. I've set up a Google alert for 'Qatar education' and I have it fed to my Google Reader, so every day at lunch I get coverage about how the educational system in Qatar works. I'm considering setting one up for just 'Qatar' to get even wider coverage, but I also don't want to get flooded with news items about the World Cup. I hope to know enough about Doha before I get there to prevent a feeling of not knowing where to begin when we arrive. Right now I think I'll have some ideas of touristy things to do, fun and free places to get away, and where to go for some of the comforts of home (movies and fast food). I also know that the country is starting to crack down on some of the very unsafe driving habits of its populace, but until that happens, I may have to forego going anywhere public by bike. Guess that means I'll be selling mine instead of shipping it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment