Today's attempt to watch general conference Sunday afternoon session at church was one of our most trying sessions since having kids. Constantly squirmy and vocal children do not make for a really great listening environment. But that doesn't mean we didn't learn!
Case in point: if my younger self had walked in on Elliott experiencing a level 17-delta poop disaster in our living room this evening, I (younger self) probably would have shouted and scolded. But because I at least partook of the spirit of general conference this weekend, I think my heart was softened instead, and I went easy on him. To his credit, he was doing what made the most sense in his 3-year-old mind to fix the situation... even if it actually made it worse. I'll spare you the details.
Case in point: if my younger self had walked in on Elliott experiencing a level 17-delta poop disaster in our living room this evening, I (younger self) probably would have shouted and scolded. But because I at least partook of the spirit of general conference this weekend, I think my heart was softened instead, and I went easy on him. To his credit, he was doing what made the most sense in his 3-year-old mind to fix the situation... even if it actually made it worse. I'll spare you the details.
2 comments:
wow! Level 17-delta, that's big!
We call something of that magnitude an a"poo"calypse.
Post a Comment