Saturday, March 09, 2013

Art at home



Inspired by my sister's recent post about some art crafts she did with her kids, I thought I'd share some of the stuff we've done here.




Big E enjoys water color painting much more than coloring, usually, so we have a lot of those hanging around the house.






Yesterday he spontaneously painted some stereotypical smiley faces of him and Rachel. We'd never explicitly said, "Here's how you draw a face", so I was kind of surprised that he did the circle, dots for eyes and clear smiles. Big E said he's the blue one and Rachel is the purple one.











We have a window going up our stairs that I've long thought would be a great place for some stained glass, but we don't have any or know where to get any. So today I brainstormed and (after a few abortive attempts with other materials) came up with crayons on parchment paper. Here are two of my experiments. The coloring is weird because of the tint on our windows, but they seem to look better in real life.


No comments: