Friday, November 01, 2013

Happy Halloween!

We were very happy this year to do most of our regular Halloween traditions. We got and carved pumpkins.


The kids made Halloween crafts with Rachel all week.


Big E got to dress up as the mouse from "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..." for school, and he actually liked the costume I made for him (this is a new development for him). Mom, note that I copied your design for my 4th grade play.



He also liked the accessories I made and picked for his Woody costume for trick-or-treating (the hat, the match, and the leather shoes).

Miss A was Little Bo Peep. She collected candy in her purse, and Rachel ended up carrying the sheep.


And then we got to go to our neighbor's birthday party after trick or treating. The kids had a great time all night long, and so did we.
Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Susan said...

who did you trick n treat to? did the kids get for real type candy?

Susan said...

i should say the kids are adorable! I love seeing your posts but I have to say I need more....I like to read such entries.

Deb said...

Steve, can you explain your costume? Doha Traffic?

tpmotd said...

I have been pretty irregular, haven't I? Only one a month for the last half a year.
There are two big housing compounds that belong to the organization my school is part of. They were full when we moved here, so they put us in a small compound nearby, but we still have access to the big compounds and all their amenities. Fortunately, that includes the right to come trick-or-treat with all the kids' friends who Rachel watches every day. People who wanted to give out candy taped a paper pumpkin to their door, so we got candy at about every 4th house. But they're huge compounds, so we ran out of time before we'd visited even 1/4 of the houses.

tpmotd said...

Deb, I was going for scary this year with my costume, and that was the scariest thing I could think of. :P