Our insurance pays for one ultrasound every month, including the cool 3D ones. So today was the second one, and here are some pictures. Still too early to tell the sex yet, but fun to see anyway.
\
The coolest part, though, was that on the CD with the photos was a file that turned out to be a 3D snapshot. I found the ultrasound terminal's program here and installed it on my PC, and pretty soon I could look at any slice of this 3D scan I wanted to! Now, granted, they're still not all that detailed because the baby is so small, but what excites me is that I now know I'll be getting this same file each time we visit. I'm pretty sure this is the exact file that people can send off to have their babies 3D-printed before they're even born. So now the only question is: does anybody have access to a 3D printer they'd like to try this with? (Yes, that's a link to the 3D file, so you can view it yourself if you want to download that program linked above)
3 comments:
So cool.
My first ultrasound was during my pregnancy with David. All they did was measure the size of the head to determine the exact week of gestation.
Wow! So glad that the kids got to see as well. Can't wait to find out what this little one is.
Wow! So glad that the kids got to see as well. Can't wait to find out what this little one is.
Post a Comment